Hi at all

I'm one of the oldies here. I'm 7 years at this project, and have a long QA exeriance. First of all we have no boss here neiter in the project. If you wait for sameone who tell you what to do, you will wait a long time ;-) Everyone pick up his work by him self.
Well, to give you a possible starting point.

https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?list_id=40892&resolution=---&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED

On this webspace you see unconfirmed bugs. What means unconfirmed? Sameone has writen a bug, but it is not confirmed by a QA. So what is needed to make sure, the bug can be confirmed?

1. Understand the description.
Sounds easy, but is often the hardest part. Many bugs are realy bad described. Try to find out, what the user means. but don't waste too much time with it. You can also ask back on the bugtracker.

2. Sort out if it's a real problem, or samething else
Unfortunaly we have a load of user Request on the bugtracker. Please don't answer on the bugtracker on user questions. Point them to the user support forum http://forum.openoffice.org

3. Try to reproduce it
This is the moast important part. To confirm a bug you have to reproduce the bug. You have to describe the exact way how you can find a bug. This is sametimes a realy tricky part. Don't give up too soon here.

4 Search for dublicate
Many bugs are allready reported. So the bug is maybe a dublicate. For a newbie it's not easy to find doublicate. So you can post it here on the list, and ask for help here.

You are a great help if you help use in point 1, 2 and 3

And if you have questions, ask!

Greetings Raphael