Hi Edwin,

On 24/03/2014 13:27, Edwin Sharp wrote:
> I personally can not understand people using such ancient operating system
> from a greedy corporation not respecting user privacy.
I know people who need assistive technology who still rely on Windows
XP. Every new version of an application may break compatibility with or
support by the AT they are using, and upgrading the assistive technology
can be very expensive, so they stick with a working set up as long as
possible. (Open source alternatives are often used to access specific
applications, e.g. NVDA for using OpenOffice and JAWS for accessing MS
Word.)

Best regards,

Christophe Strobbe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter

"La vie est courte, hélas! et je n'ai pas encore lu tous mes livres!" (d'après
Mallarmé).