Hi Herbert, Jan, all

   Alternatively the name of the installer could be improved to

>>> A great idea but I'm afraid I can't help with this. Volunteers are
>>> invited.
>>>

> Rereading Pedro's request I saw that we already do this, e.g. our latest
> successful win-nightly build produced [1] three files with such names.
>
> [1] http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7/builds/50/steps/mv%
> 20install%20bits%20to%20web/logs/stdio

You are right. It's the extracted install folder that doesn't keep the
revision number. Sorry for the confusion.

This means that all it takes to keep the previous version is to make sure
it is not deleted if compiling a new one fails (i.e. deleting only after
success instead of deleting before compile starts)

Thanks!
Pedro