Hi,

I have a QBS script that depends on using the GNU Arm toolchain, and I want
it to automatically find them (on Windows for now). In my QBS I have this
line:

        property string gnuToolsDir: "C:/Program Files/GNU Tools ARM
Embedded/4.8 2014q1"

And then I use that elsewhere. I want to set it to be a function, like this:

        function findGnuToolsDir()

        {

                // TODO: Fancy searching function.

                return "C:/Program Files/GNU Tools ARM Embedded/4.8 2014q1";

        }

                property string gnuToolsDir: findGnuToolsDir();

But that doesn't work (says it can't find the function). Additionally,
I can't seem to access the property in my Rules - it says the variable
doesn't exist.

        Rule {

                // ...

                prepare: {

                        // None of these work:

                        var objCopyPath = gnuToolsDir +
"/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy.exe";

                        var objCopyPath = parent.gnuToolsDir +
"/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy.exe";

                        var objCopyPath = product.gnuToolsDir +
"/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy.exe";

                        // ...

                }

        }

Any ideas? I've seen the Probe item but it doesn't seem suitable - as
far as I can tell it just determines the existence of a library or
tool rather than its location.

Cheers,

Tim