On 05/22/2014 04:19 PM, olivier musse wrote:
> Property inheritance is really nice and simple. Thanks for this
> important information.
>    I have succeed to verify it, but then have another question : How can
> I detect in the sub project if the property is already set at an higher
> level project.
> Project
> {
>       property string myprop:"val1"
> Project{
>           myprop: {here set to "val2" if not already existing}
>       }
> }

This is not possible, due to how QML works. Your second line is a
binding, which you can only use if a property was already declared. This
information is static, and an error will be thrown if you use myprop on
the left-hand side of a binding if no such property exists.

> About the prefix usage, I think this is not a bug in qbs. In fact, i'm
> working with qbs plugin in qcreator and have noticed that often,
> modifications in qbs files are not taken into account.  I need to close
> qcreator, delete the build dir and .qbs.user file and reopen my project
> for my modif to be taken into account.
> The bug was a false alarm due to this qbs plugin bug.

If this is Creator 3.1, then please file a bug and attach an example
project and a description how to reproduce. I do not observe such
problems in my daily work.

Christian