On 05/23/2014 01:53 PM, olivier musse wrote:
> Once again an issue while trying to get properties in a Rule, I found
> the following is not working and ask myself if it is a bug or not.
> This should really nice if it works then enabling to add to any product
> a set of properties and use them in associated rules.
> See my example below
>

> Module{
>       property string ModuleProp:"defaultValue"
>       Rule{
>           prepare:
>               {
>                   var a=product.ProductProp;   //WORKING : can access
> product.ProductProp
>                   var b=product.ModuleProp;    // NOT WORKING :

Of course not. There is no property "ModuleProp" in the product. What
you probably want it "product.moduleProperty(<module name>, "ModuleProp")".

>               }
>       }
> }
>
> Product{
>       property string Product Prop
> Depend{name:"MyModule"}

Each of these two lines contains a syntax error. Please make sure to
copy-paste things from an actual file that you tested, otherwise it gets
unnecessarily hard for us to tell where the real problem is.

Christian