On 23/11/2017 10:52 PM, Christian Kandeler wrote:
On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 15:34:14 +1300 Christian Gagneraud
<chg...@gmail.com> wrote:

I just tried to enable ccache in QtCreator, and qbs failed
complaining it cannot find 'ar' and co.

This should be fixed for 1.10. Earlier versions assumed the binutils
to be at the same location as the compiler, so you have to manually
set cpp.archiverPath there (also stripPath, objcopyPath and nmPath).

Good to know, thanks. I will wait for qbs-1.10.

Is this the right way to deal with ccache and QtC+Qbs? Should I
open a bug report? On Qtc, Qbs or both?

Please double-check with an up to date version the tools. Note that
an alternative way to use ccache with qbs is to use the real gcc and
set cpp.compilerWrapper to ccache.

I think i'll use that in the mean time, I should be able to set that in the "Additional Qbs Profile Settings" of a kit.

Thanks a lot,
Chris