> And of course the module's own properties set in the module file, except
> those referring to probes. But we do evaluate the module condition in a
> product context. Is that not the real product context or at least very
> close? E.g. if product sets moduleX.propA to true and depends on moduleX,
> is propA then not true when evaluating the condition? At least that was my
> expectation in my previous reply. Also, doesn't it make sense to provide
> access to custom product properties in that phase?

... And module properties set in the profile. I had a glance look at the source
code. When evaluating the condition property, we are taking the following
information from the product context into account:

- module values set in the profile (can even be a local profile within the
product item)
- a fully(?) resolved instance of the qbs module

The result is then cached since this module might be loaded multiple times in
the same product context. I don't see why we could not allow access to product
as well as project properties and module properties set in the product item.

Christian, is that restriction by purpose?