No it did not reference it self.

I hit the same problem again (was fixed after updating) with something similar
to:
Project {
  name: "Foo"
  StaticLibrary {
    name: parent.name + " Details"
    version: "1.0.0"
    Export { version: exportingProduct.version }
  }

  MyOwnApplicationImport {
    condition: someConditionWhichEvaluatesToFalse
    name: parent.name
    version: details.version

    Depends { name: parent.name + " Details"; id: details }
  }
}

And it recursed on the applications version property.