Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am a PhD student at the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg
in Bavaria, Germany and am currently working on a forensic reconstruction
tool. The tool can be used to analyze physical and virtual hard disks and to
reconstruct files. I would now like to extend the tool so that it is able to
analyze VMDK files and convert them to raw. Unfortunately I have not been
able to understand how to correctly unpack and assemble VMDK containers.
Since qemu is able to convert VMDK to raw, I wanted to ask you if you could
explain to me how to put the grains together?

Many thanks and greetings

Janine Schneider