I'm trying to figure out how to script the creation of disk images for qemu. I've already scripted file system creation with user-mode-linux, so once I can get the partitions created correctly, the rest should be easy. Right now, when I do a qemu-img create and run fdisk on the file, I get the message "You must set cylinders". So, how to I figure out what to set them to? And then, how do I convince mke2fs to create a filesystem in the partition? Or, am I attacking this problem from the wrong direction?

-- Matt