On Saturday 12 November 2005 15:14, Bernd Waldboth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i noticed that when I updated the OpenVPN Tap Driver
> for Windows with the one coming in OpenVPN version
> 2.04 or 2.05, the same qemu.exe isn't able to connect
> to the tap-device anymore. The old driver works without
> problem. I tried it on different machines.
> Did anyone else notice the same behaviour?

I just started using Qemu 6.1 on OpenBSD 3.7. I have not
yet figured out how to connect Qemu to the internet yet.
I don't know if it's because I am not yet setting things up
correctly or because there is a bug in Qemu's ethernet interface
on Openbsd. There exist /dev/tun[0-3] but they all seem to belong
to Openbsd. What does Qemu do when the tuns are already there?

Thanks,
Dave Feustel

> Maybe for the future someone is able to update the patch?
> I looked through the in source of the patch
> in hope for an "easy" solution like some naming thing etc.,
> but I wasn't able to find anything "obvious".
> My concrete problem is that I manually deployed version
> 2.04 of the OpenVPN Tap-driver on about 30 machines
> while I tested only with an older version, and now I
> saw that Qemu does not cooperate with that version
> anymore. For me it would be much easier and faster to
> recompile qemu with a newer patch than to manually
> reinstall an older TAP driver, because i can create an
> MSI package of Qemu and deploy it via Active Directory.
>
> My configuration:
> Win XP Pro SP2 + all updates
> Qemu 0.72 + dma + asyncIO + tap-win32
>
> Thanks for your help
> Bernd

Tired of having to defend against Malware?
You know: trojans, viruses, SPYWARE, ADWARE,
KEYLOGGERS, rootkits, worms and popups.
Then Switch to OpenBSD with a KDE desktop!!!