A few remarks:

1) Why do you use 3 temporaries ? Maybe two suffice in most cases.

2) do_cmp_d() should be completely decoded at translation time.

3) I suspect the macro FPR() does too many things at runtime which gives an important performance loss. CP0St_FR should be known at translation time.

You should use CONFIG_SOFTFLOAT to validate your code. The ARM target does it, so it works (see the configure script).

Fabrice.

Marius Groeger wrote:
Hi All,

a new version of my FPU patch, now actually doing some math. Known issues include, but may not be limited to:

- only support .d format, that is IEEE 64bit
- no proper float exception handling. If someone gets CONFIG_SOFTFLOAT
  to compile, this should be quite easy to improve. Most of
  the infrastructure required is in place.

Feedback welcome!

Cheers,
Marius