I am wondering if anyone knows where in the QEMU source code I can create a
counter to count the number of executed instructions? In addition, where I
can place an IF statement to see if a conditional branch instruction is
about to execute.

I need to do this to create a basic block vector for SimPoint. I have found
that the function cpu-exec in cpu-exec.c is probably going to be involved,
but I would appreciate any help in narrowing things down. Basically, all I
need to do is at every instruction I increase a counter. Then, I see if that
instruction is a conditional branch. If it is, I print some characters to a
file, and reset the counter. I would greatly appreciate any help.

~Shane