On Wed, Nov 08, 2023 at 11:02:06AM +0100, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> Thanks Christopher for your patch,
>
> I'm Cc'ing Volker and Gerd who know better this hardware model.
>
> On 7/11/23 20:27, Christopher Lentocha wrote:
> >
> > Change the ID to be a Realtek ALC885 so that both

No.  Rewriting the existing codecs is clearly a non-starter.

You can add a 'hda-realtek-alc885' variant which tries to
mimic the realtek coded close enough to make old guests
without generic hda driver happy.

> > +#define QEMU_HDA_ID 0x10EC0885

Nope.  Somemething like 'REALTEK_ALC885_ID' please.

[ remaining bits of the patch snipped, needs major rework ]

take care,
  Gerd