Hi Marc-André,

On 08/11/2023 12:07, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
Hi

On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 1:04 PM Antonio Caggiano
<quic_acagg...@quicinc.com> wrote:

Hi Hans,

+cc Gert and Dmitry

On 17/10/2023 02:48, Hans de Ruiter wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on Virtio GPU drivers for AmigaOS, and would like to know
what features are currently stable enough to use. Looking at the master
QEMU branch, both Virgl and blob resources are supported, but NOT at the
same time. Is the ability to use both simultaneously coming soon?

Mmh, well, they should be compatible, I'll try sending a patch.

Also, what's the state of Venus/Vulkan support? Surveying various
forks/branches, it looks very experimental and subject to change.

I believe this is quite stable now:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/virgl/venus-protocol/-/issues/5

The last patch series for QEMU is from Huang Rui:
https://patchew.org/QEMU/20230915111130.24064-1-ray.hu...@amd.com/

Yes, I forgot about that!

Virglrenderer 1.0.0 has been released as well. I wonder if that requires
any change in QEMU. Gert or Dmitry might know the answer.

No changes required afaik.

I have the added difficulty that the AmigaOS Picasso96 driver API
expects direct CPU access to all of VRAM, and likes to peek/poke
directly into the bitmaps. That's clearly not possible without blob
resources, or shared memory (not entirely sure what the shared memory
feature is for). This is why I want to know what features are stable or
coming soon.

The shared memory feature is just a requirement which enables support
for blob resources.

Now that we are in freeze, we won't merge new features until the end
of this year / next year. But we can already plan / test / review etc.

Antonio, do you have your work coordinated with Huang?

Huang, are you going to send a new version of the venus series?

I do not need to add anything. Huang, I believe you'll need to rebase as some commits in the series have been merged :)

It would be great to include docs/system/devices/virtio-gpu.rst
updates too. It's getting difficult to follow the various ways
virtio-gpu can be used nowadays.

thanks

Cheers,
Antonio