On 11/29/23 07:50, Petr Cvek wrote:
I can agree that binary compiled for i486 doesn't contain cmpxchg8b and works
OK with exception of setjmp bug I described in another thread [1]. glxgears
which doesn't use signals works without problem. 64bit atomic operations seems
to be emulated in util/atomic64.c.

However I've found out the compilation for i386 seems to fail during configure
due to the lack of i386 atomic instructions in my GCC 13.2.0 version. If this
is normal behavior, I guess __tune_i386__ check doesn't make sense to add.

Correct, we cannot operate at all without the i486 atomic insns.

r~