On Tue, Jan 09, 2024 at 11:46:32AM -0300, Fabiano Rosas wrote:
> Hm, it would be better to avoid the extra maintenance task at the start
> of every release, no? It also blocks us from doing n-2 even
> experimentally.

See my other reply, on whether we can use "n-1" for migration-test.  If
that can work for us, then IIUC we can avoid either "since:" or any
relevant flag, neither do we need to unmask tests after each releases.  All
old tests should always "just work" with a new qemu binary.

One drawback I can think of is, new tests (even if applicable to old qemu
binaries) will only start to take effect on cross-binary test until the
next release, but that's not so bad I assume.

Since the QTEST_QEMU_BINARY_SRC|DST function is already merged in 8.2, I
think we can already start kicking them and enable them for 9.0 if it works.

--
Peter Xu