On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 03:39:29PM -0300, Fabiano Rosas wrote:
> > Maybe multifd_use_packets()?  Dropping the migrate_ prefix as this is not a
> > global API but multifd-only.  Then if multifd_packets() reads too weird and
> > unclear, "add" makes it clear.
>
> We removed all the instances of migrate_use_* from the migration code
> recently. Not sure we should introduce them back, it seems like a step
> back.
>
> We're setting 'use_packets = migrate_multifd_packets()' in most places,
> so I guess 'use_packets = multifd_packets()' wouldn't be too bad.

I actually prefers keep using "_use_" all over the places because it's
clearer to me. :) While I don't see much benefit saving three chars.  Try
"git grep _use_ | wc -l" in both QEMU / Linux, then we'll see that reports
275 / 4680 corrrespondingly.

But yeah that's trivial, multifd_packets() is still okay.

--
Peter Xu