On 1/16/24 10:15, Vineet Gupta wrote:
When testing gcc testsuite against QEMU v8.2 we found some additional
failures vs. v8.1.2.

| FAIL: gcc.dg/cleanup-10.c execution test
| FAIL: gcc.dg/cleanup-11.c execution test
| FAIL: gcc.dg/cleanup-8.c execution test
| FAIL: gcc.dg/cleanup-9.c execution test

All of these tests involve unwinding off signal stack and v8.2 did
introduce a vdso with sigreturn trampoline and associated unwinding
info. It seems that info is not correct and making it similar to
to one in the linux kernel fixes the above failures.

So.. you didn't actually determine what might be off in the unwind info?

+       .cfi_startproc
+       .cfi_signal_frame
+       raw_syscall __NR_rt_sigreturn
+       .cfi_endproc

No, this is wrong.  It indicates that the unwind info is present and trivial.

r~