Fabiano,

On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 01:49:48PM -0300, Fabiano Rosas wrote:
> Here's the second half of adding a migration compatibility test to CI.
>
> We've already added support for running the full set of migration
> tests with two QEMU binaries since commit 5050ad2a380
> ("tests/qtest/migration: Support more than one QEMU binary"), now
> what's left is adding it to the CI.
>
> changes since v3:
>
> - Removed all the 'since' logic and started using the n-1 version of
>   the tests.
>
> - New patch to fix the aarch64 cpu. We shouldn't have been using
>   'max'.
>
> - New patch to disable aarch64 tests while the fix^ doesn't reach a
>   released version.
>
> v3:
> https://lore.kernel.org/r/20240105180449.11562-1-faro...@suse.de
> v2:
> https://lore.kernel.org/r/20240104171857.20108-1-faro...@suse.de
> v1:
> https://lore.kernel.org/r/20231207155809.25673-1-faro...@suse.de

I gave it a try but build-previous-qemu somehow failed..

  https://gitlab.com/peterx/qemu/-/jobs/5965634871

You normally attach a "CI run" which I wanted to reference, but it's gone
in this v4 unfortunately.  The error:

  error: pathspec 'v8.2.0' did not match any file(s) known to git

is pretty weird, and I had a feeling it was something wrong before that.
Maybe it's because I tried to run this specific test multiple times (and
all failed), somehow the wrong thing was cached, so the real error (of the
1st run when there is no cache) could have got lost.  Not sure.

Please have a look when you have time, thanks.

--
Peter Xu