On Fri, 2024-01-26 at 17:29 +0100, Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 08/01/2024 21.27, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > From: David Woodhouse <d...@amazon.co.uk>
> >
> > Extract the MAC address from the NICInfo, or generate one explicitly if
> > there was no corresponding NIC configuration, to put it in the PROM.
>
> Uh, I don't see any MAC handling in the patch below? Is this the right
> comment for this patch?

Ah, that must be from an earlier iteration of the patch.

The code in mips_jazz_init_net() would only create the net device if a
corresponding configuration exists, so the "…or generate one
explicitly…" part went away.

The code to put the MAC address in the PROM *is* there, but I just
haven't touched it. I'll drop that sentence from the commit message.