On 3/4/24 03:13, Sven Schnelle wrote:
Alex Bennée <alex.ben...@linaro.org> writes:

Sven Schnelle <sv...@stackframe.org> writes:

In preparation of making the parsing part of qemu_set_dfilter_ranges()
available to other users, convert it to return a GList, so the result
can be used with other functions taking a GList of struct Range.

Why do we need to convert it to a Glist? When I originally wrote the
dfilter code I deliberately chose GArray over GList to avoid bouncing
across cache lines during the tight loop that is checking ranges. It's
not like we can't pass GArray's to plugins as well?

Good point. I'll change it back to a GArray in the next iteration.

How many address ranges do you expect to have?
If more than a couple, then perhaps IntervalTree would be better for a balanced
binary search.

r~