On 18/03/2024 19.23, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
This fixes a problem with TLS support on chardevs that Thomas has
previously attempted to deal with:

   https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2024-02/msg06915.html

Unfortunately that fix caused unexpected side effects that resulted
in premature termination of the TLS connection. See patch 2 for
details.

I've since identified the root cause of the problem that Thomas was
trying to fix - bad assumptions about GSource 'prepare' functions
always being run. See patch 3 for details.

Patch 3 re-exposed a bug we've know about for a while whereby incoming
data on chardevs is sometimes discarded when POLLHUP is reported at the
same time. This required patch 1 to be applied before doing the revert
in patch 3, otherwise test-char would now very frequently fail.

So we get 2 bug fixes for the price of one :-)

Daniel P. Berrangé (3):
   chardev: lower priority of the HUP GSource in socket chardev
   Revert "chardev/char-socket: Fix TLS io channels sending too much data
     to the backend"
   Revert "chardev: use a child source for qio input source"

Thank you very much for fixing this! I've now also checked that it fixes the test scenario for me:

Tested-by: Thomas Huth <th...@redhat.com>