Dear QEMU Support Team,

We are currently encountering difficulties in utilizing QEMU for starting a
virtual machine image on Windows with IPv6 networking, specifically related to
port forwarding. We are using QEMU emulator version 7.1.93
(v7.2.0-rc3-11946-gb68e69cdcc-dirty).

Our objective is to establish IPv6 network connectivity within the virtual
machine and forward ports to allow external access. However, we are
encountering errors when attempting to configure the port forwarding mechanism.

Here is the command we are using:
qemu-system-x86_64: -netdev
user,id=net1,ipv6=on,ipv6-net=fe80::5054:ff:fecd:585a/64,hostfwd=tcp::2210-[fe80::5054:ff:fecd:585a]:22

However, upon executing this command, we encounter the following error:

Invalid host forwarding rule 'tcp::2210-[fe80::5054:ff:fecd:585a]:22' (Bad
guest address)

We understand that the format for specifying host forwarding rules follows the
pattern:

protocol:[listen_address]:listen_port-[dest_address]:dest_port

We believe that we are following this pattern correctly, but still, we are
encountering errors.

Our primary concern is whether QEMU supports port forwarding for IPv6
networking. If it does, we kindly request your assistance in resolving this
issue and providing guidance on the correct configuration for achieving our
objective.

Could you please advise us on the proper usage of port forwarding with IPv6
networking in QEMU? Any insights, suggestions, or instructions you can provide
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your attention to this matter. We look forward to your
prompt response and assistance.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kandukuri Srinivasu

(MS/ECP2-ETAS-VOS)
Robert Bosch GmbH | Postfach 10 60 50 | 70049 Stuttgart | GERMANY |
www.bosch.com
Tel. +918061444397 | Mobile +91-88845-33393 | Fax +91 422 663-4104 |
srinivasu.kanduk...@in.bosch.com<mailto:srinivasu.kanduk...@in.bosch.com>

Registered Office: Stuttgart, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14000;
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Prof. Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer;
Managing Directors: Dr. Stefan Hartung, Dr. Christian Fischer, Dr. Markus
Forschner,
Stefan Grosch, Dr. Markus Heyn, Dr. Frank Meyer, Dr. Tanja Rückert
​