On 2024/04/08 17:06, Yuri Benditovich wrote:
On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 10:57 AM Akihiko Odaki <akihiko.od...@daynix.com> wrote:

On 2024/04/08 16:54, Yuri Benditovich wrote:
On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 10:42 AM Akihiko Odaki <akihiko.od...@daynix.com> wrote:

On 2024/04/08 16:40, Yuri Benditovich wrote:
On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 4:30 AM Akihiko Odaki <akihiko.od...@daynix.com> wrote:

On 2024/04/08 7:09, Yuri Benditovich wrote:
On Wed, Apr 3, 2024 at 2:12 PM Akihiko Odaki <akihiko.od...@daynix.com> wrote:

The peer buffer is qualified with const and not meant to be modified.

IMHO, this buffer is not so 'const' (although the prototype states so),
it is allocated in net.c
btw, another procedure in this file also modifies the buffer
(work_around_broken_dhclient)

Right but it has a FIXME comment.

It also prevents enabling VIRTIO_NET_F_HASH_REPORT for peers without
virtio-net header support.

Does it mean _this commit_ prevents enabling VIRTIO_NET_F_HASH_REPORT
for peers without
virtio-net header support? Where?

No, but I meant that this patch fixes such a problem.

No, it does not. Such a problem does not exist in the master, the
hash_report feature
is silently dropped in such case:
https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/master/hw/net/virtio-net.c#L816

Well, silently dropping VIRTIO_NET_F_HASH_REPORT is not different from
preventing enabling VIRTIO_NET_F_HASH_REPORT, is it?

But how is your patch involved in it? Should this line be removed from
the commit message?

In the master, VIRTIO_NET_F_HASH_REPORT is silently dropped, but this
patch will change to work without dropping it, which is worth to mention.
After applying this series of patches the VIRTIO_NET_F_HASH_REPORT is
dropped _the same way_ as in the master

You are right. I forgot that I dropped patch "virtio-net: Do not clear VIRTIO_NET_F_HASH_REPORT" with v7. I'll drop the line in the next version accordingly. Thanks for pointing out that.

Regards,
Akihiko Odaki