On 03/05/2024 19:18, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:

On 2/5/24 18:55, Richard Henderson wrote:
Split out from my vis4 patch set, with just the bug fixes.
I've fixed the issue in patch 6, as noticed by Mark, but
include the follow-up that cleans up all of the macros by
removing them.

r~

Richard Henderson (7):
   linux-user/sparc: Add more hwcap bits for sparc64
   target/sparc: Fix FEXPAND
   target/sparc: Fix FMUL8x16
   target/sparc: Fix FMUL8x16A{U,L}
   target/sparc: Fix FMULD8*X16
   target/sparc: Fix FPMERGE
   target/sparc: Split out do_ms16b

I'm wondering about the coverage here, since various patches
fix bugs since VIS intro in commit e9ebed4d41 from 2007, so
being broken for 17 years.

I've definitely seen the VIS instructions in use in my test images, however I can't recall exactly whether it was the particular ones fixed in this series. I'm certainly keen for some more VIS instruction coverage though, especially for VIS2 and later which I'm unlikely to come across in my day-to-day testing.

ATB,

Mark.