Hi Mostafa,

On 29/04/2024 04:23, Mostafa Saleh wrote:
Future improvements:
=====================
1) One small improvement, that I don’t think it’s worth the extra
    complexity, is in case of Stage-1 TLB miss for nested translation,
    we can do stage-1 walk and lookup for stage-2 TLBs, instead of
    doing the full walk.

Testing
========
1) IOMMUFD + VFIO
    Kernel:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/cover.1683688960.git.nicol...@nvidia.com/
    VMM:
https://qemu-devel.nongnu.narkive.com/o815DqpI/rfc-v5-0-8-arm-smmuv3-emulation-support

    By assigning
“virtio-net-pci,netdev=net0,disable-legacy=on,iommu_platform=on,ats=on”,
    to a guest VM (on top of QEMU guest) with VIFO and IOMMUFD.

2) Work in progress prototype I am hacking on for nesting on KVM
    (this is nowhere near complete, and misses many stuff but it
    doesn't require VMs/VFIO) also with virtio-net-pci and git
    cloning a bunch of stuff and also observing traces.

https://android-kvm.googlesource.com/linux/+log/refs/heads/smostafa/android15-6.6-smmu-nesting-wip

I also modified the Linux driver to test with mixed granules/levels.

We have tested the series as well:

Tested-by: Julien Grall <jgr...@amazon.co.uk>

Cheers,

--