On 16/05/2024 20.24, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 05:52:43PM +0100, Camilla Conte wrote:
Enables caching from the qemu-project repository.

Uses a dedicated "$NAME-cache" tag for caching, to address limitations.
See issue "when using --cache=true, kaniko fail to push cache layer [...]":
https://github.com/GoogleContainerTools/kaniko/issues/1459
TL;DR: functionally this patch is capable of working. The key downside
is that it doubles our storage usage. I'm not convinced Kaniko offers
a compelling enough benefit to justify this penalty.

Will this patch fix the issues that we are currently seeing with the k8s runners not working in the upstream CI? If so, I think that would be enough benefit, wouldn't it?

 Thomas