On 27/05/2024 12.49, Michael Tokarev wrote:
Hi!

Noticed today that a rebuild of basically the same tree (a few commits apart)
in CI result in just 11% hit rate of ccache:

https://gitlab.com/mjt0k/qemu/-/jobs/6947445337#L5054

For me, the results look better:

 https://gitlab.com/thuth/qemu/-/jobs/6918599017#L4954

while it should be near 100%.  What's interesting in there is:

1) cache size is close to max cache size,
and more important,
2) cleanups performed 78

so it has to remove old entries before it finished the build.

Did you maybe switch between master and stable branches before that run? ... I guess that could have invalidated most of the cached files since we switched from CentOS 8 to 9 recently...?

 Thomas