[ ... ]

I don't think this is necessary to do so now. Possibly, increase the version
number in the vmstate when resending a v5.

If I understand your request, do you mean to change as following in this patch?

static const VMStateDescription vmstate_aspeed_sdmc = {
     .name = "aspeed.sdmc",
     .version_id = 1,  ---> Change 2
     .minimum_version_id = 1, ---> Change 2
};

yes.

Also, all Aspeed models should be addressed and that's beyond the scope of
this series.

And create a new patch series to update all vmstate version for all ASPEED
models?

That would be to remove migration support for Aspeed machines. For later.
Let's address AST2700 first.

Thanks,

C.