On Wed, May 29, 2024 at 10:05:32AM +1000, Nicholas Piggin wrote:
> I think that's good if you _need_ shm (e.g., for a uffd test), but
> we should permit tests that only require a memory file.

Yes there's no reason to forbid that, it's just that we're not adding new
tests but we can potentially change any future use_shmem to not test shmem
anymore.. instead we test something we don't suggest users to use..

The only concern is a small /dev/shm mount, am I right?  Would it work if
switch to memory-backend-memfd,shared=on?

Peter Xu