On Thu, 30 May 2024 10:34:55 +0800
Jason Wang <jasow...@redhat.com> wrote:

> > IMHO changing the semantic of the VHOST_GET_FEATURES ioctl is not viable,
> > but also not necessary. What I am proposing is changing the (in QEMU)
> > logic of processing the features returned by VHOST_GET_FEATURES, while
> > preserving the outcomes (essentially realize the same function in a
> > mathematical sense, but with code that is less fragile), modulo bugs like
> > the one addressed with this patch of course.
>
> Ok, I think I misunderstood you here. Maybe an RFC to see?

I will try to hack up an RFC that involves vsock and net so we can
discuss the approach. Unfortunately I currently have a lots of other
(non-development) stuff on my plate, please bear with me.

I suggest to go forward with this patch for fixing vsock, and look if we
can do something better for the rest.

By the way in the thread with Stefano, I've raised a question about live
migration (i.e. what would happen of someone were to implement
packed layout for vhost and make add the feature to vhost/net). I would
very much like to have your opinion on that!

Regards,
Halil