Il 26/03/2012 15:46, Andreas Färber ha scritto:
> Hello Anthony,
>
> Here's a mini series introducing ObjectClass::realize(Object *) and
> forwarding it to existing DeviceClass::init(DeviceState *).

I think a major difference between realize and init should be that the
realize property also propagates down the whole composition tree (in
pre-order for setting to true, and post-order for setting to false).

An important, related point is whether the composition tree should be
created before or after realize/init.  Right now the few examples in the
tree do it after, but this sounds wrong to me and would block the above
auto-propagation.

Paolo