v4 of:

https://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2024-05/msg06511.html

diff to v3:
- In 2/5 instead of fixing up posix_madvise() retval at runtime, just
  don't use posix_madvise() on Darwin at all (resulted in new patch 1/5).
  Since 2/5 is now the same as 1/4 from v2 I'm including David's
  Reviewed-by line.
- The last patch was tested by Mario, so I've included his Tested-by
  line. Thanks!

Michal Privoznik (5):
  meson: Don't even detect posix_madvise() on Darwin
  osdep: Make qemu_madvise() to set errno in all cases
  osdep: Make qemu_madvise() return ENOSYS on unsupported OSes
  backends/hostmem: Report error on qemu_madvise() failures
  backends/hostmem: Report error when memory size is unaligned

 meson.build        | 14 ++++++++++----
 util/osdep.c       |  9 +++++++--

2.44.1