On Thu, 13 Jun 2024 23:57, Paolo Bonzini <pbonz...@redhat.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 13, 2024 at 11:16 AM Daniel P. Berrangé <berra...@redhat.com> wrote:
I guess there's a balance to be had somewhere on the spectrum between doing
everything against the raw C binding, vs everything against a perfectly
idiomatic Rust API wrapping the C bniding. The latter might be the ideal,
but from a pragmmatic POV I doubt we want the barrier to entry to be that
high.

Yes, I agree. I guess we could make things work step by step, even
committing something that only focuses on the build system like
Manos's work (I'll review it).

I can try to look at the basic QOM interface.

Manos, can you create a page on the wiki? Something like
https://wiki.qemu.org/Features/Meson.

Certainly! Just to make sure I understood correctly, you mean a wiki page describing how things work and tracking the progress?

I added https://wiki.qemu.org/Features/Meson/Rust

And a Meson category https://wiki.qemu.org/Category:Meson

Thanks,
Manos