> > > ... but I guess using this instead would be better anyway?
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220422135101.65796...@redhat.com/t/#r831d589f243c24334a09995620b74408847a87a0
> >
> > According this message, It seems that the current QEMU does not support it
> > yet.
> > I tried to hotplug on pci-bridge attached to a pxb, no device found in the
> > guest.
> SHPC works for q35, which provides _OSC.
> It is broken for pc machine though, since machine lacks either _OSC or OSHP.
> Theoretically SHPC should still work for hotplugged bridges
> (i.e. with ACPI hotplug enabled, when one hotplugs a bridge into
> pci.0, but I haven't tried that lately)
> I'm still not sure if we should make OSHP global, or put it only
> under bridges that have shcp=on && don't have ACPI hotplug.
> The later seems cleaner though.

_OSC is global, setting the OSHP method to global also makes sense?
Of courseļ¼Œthe later seems cleaner.

Add the OSHP method and shpc=on, hotplug device to pci-bridge
attached to a pxb was sucessful. What do I need to add to the QEMU
if I want to use the ACPI pci hotplug under the pci-bridge attached to a pxb?

Thanks.