On 2/7/24 07:06, Andrew Jeffery wrote:
On Fri, 2024-06-28 at 11:16 +0200, Cédric Le Goater wrote:
On 6/28/24 9:02 AM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
When booting U-boot/Linux on Aspeed boards via eMMC,
some commands don't behave as expected from the spec.

Add the 'x-aspeed-emmc-kludge' property to allow non
standard uses until we figure out the reasons.

I am not aware of any singularity in the eMMC logic provided by Aspeed.
U-Boot and Linux drivers seem very generic. May be others can tell.

I'm not aware of any command kludges. The main problem I had when I
wrote the Linux driver for the Aspeed controller was the phase tuning,
but that doesn't sound related.

Yeah I don't think anything Aspeed nor U-boot related, we
model CSD/CID registers per the SD spec, not MMC. Various
fields are identical, but few differ, this might be the
problem.

I rather respect the spec by default, so until we figure
the issue, are you OK to use a 'x-emmc-kludge' property
and set it on the Aspeed boards?