On 03/07/2024 14:32, Yi Liu wrote:
> Caution: External email. Do not open attachments or click links,
> unless this email comes from a known sender and you know the content
> is safe.

Hi, thanks for your review! very efficient!

> Hi CMD,
>
> I've went through the series. Some general suggestions on the series.
>
> 1) Patch 01, 02, 04 can be sent separately as they are fixes.
Will do
> 2) This series mixed the ATS and PASID capability a bit. Actually,
>    they don't have dependency. I'd suggest you split the series into
>       - support ATS for the requests without PASID
>       - support ATS for requests with PASID
>    The second part should be an incremental change based on the first
>    part. If you can make use of the existing translate() callback, then
>    it is possible to remove the dependency on Zhenzhong's stage-1 series.
The final purpose is to support SVM, consequently, we only add support
for ATS with PASID here
> 3) Some commits do not have commit message. It would be good to have
>    it.
Ok, I will be more verbose ;)
> 4) Some helpers look to be used by device model, if possible, it's better
>    to submit them with a demo device.
The demo device is already in my GitHub repo
(https://github.com/BullSequana/qemu/tree/master)
It will be sent in a future series that adds the last features required
for SVM (splitting the series to make reviews less painful)
> 5) A design description in the cover-letter would be helpful.
Ok, I will elaborate