On Fri, Jul 05, 2024 at 11:28:25AM -0700, Yichen Wang wrote:
> Just want to add some information here. So in ByteDance, the current
> generation server is quipped with 2*100Gb NIC. We reserve 10Gbps for
> control plane purposes which includes live migration here. So it is not
> about we are using “good network”, it is about not normal to use full
> bandwidth for control plane purposes. Hence we do have a requirements for
> QAT/IAA in these cases.

Yes, this makes sense.

But then you may then also want to figure out the high cpu consumption of
those cards, to not interrupt more important workloads?

I saw there's a new version posted, I didn't see an explanation of the cpu
consumption issue mentioned.  Meanwhile I also see that the docs/ update is
missing.

Would you consider adding both by replying to the new version?

--
Peter Xu