On 7/8/24 5:32 PM, Joao Martins wrote:
On 08/07/2024 16:28, Cédric Le Goater wrote:
Hello Joao,

On 7/8/24 4:34 PM, Joao Martins wrote:
In preparation to implement auto domains have the attach function
return the errno it got during domain attach instead of a bool.

-EINVAL is tracked to track domain incompatibilities, and decide whether
to create a new IOMMU domain.

Please leave the return value as a bool unless there is a very
good reason not to.

Error* doesn't store the errno, and thus I can't actually test the number of
errno to know when to bail to the next hwpt. Maybe the commit message wasn't
clear enough there. But not sure if we have an alternative here? Or maybe Error
does store errno, and I totally missed it.

OK. Let's do the 'bool' -> 'int' change for iommufd_cdev_attach_ioas_hwpt().
I see how it is used later on in the series.

Thanks,

C.