On Mon, 8 Jul 2024 at 21:39, Manos Pitsidianakis
<manos.pitsidiana...@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jul 2024, 21:34 Paolo Bonzini, <pbonz...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>> Il lun 8 lug 2024, 19:12 Daniel P. Berrangé <berra...@redhat.com> ha scritto:
>>>
>>> That's exactly why I suggest its a pre-requisite for merging
>>> this. Unless we're able to demonstrate that we can enable
>>> Rust on all our CI platforms, the benefits of Rust will
>>> not be realized in QEMU, and we'll have never ending debates
>>> about whether each given feature needs to be in C or Rust.
>>

>> In that case we should develop it on a branch, so that more than one person
>> can contribute (unlike if we keep iterating on this RFC).
>>
>> Paolo
>

> If you do, I'd really appreciate it if you did not use any part of my patches.

Someone pointed out to me that my wording is really bad here and I
agree, I apologize. I did not express myself with the right words.
What I wanted to say is that hypothetically my work can be used as a
base just not the patches/sign offs. The changes in the patches are
all open source and part of the QEMU community now, of course.