On 7/9/24 09:26, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
On 9/7/24 17:41, Richard Henderson wrote:
Hi guys,

I have reinstalled my development box to ubuntu 24 (because the Rust support is better than my previous install; ho hum).  I thought I had tested everything in a VM before committing, but I missed out on Avocado:

  AVOCADO Downloading avocado tests VM image for aarch64
Failed to load plugin from module "avocado.plugins.list": ModuleNotFoundError("No module named 'imp'") :

If I understand things correctly, the python "imp" package was deprecated, and has been removed before v3.12.  This is fixed in upstream avocado as of v93.  But we have a hard stop in pythondeps.toml at v92.

Remind me what the blocker is to upgrading?

IIRC we're waiting for v2 of:
https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/20231208190911.102879-1-cr...@redhat.com/

Yes indeed. There are two minor conflicts in rebasing this branch, but otherwise it works. Cleber, do you have time to pick this up again?

r~