On Tue, Jul 09, 2024 at 02:28:38PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Here are the stopping points that I found over the last couple weeks:
>
> 1.56.0: 2021 edition
> 1.59.0: const CStr::from_bytes_with_nul_unchecked (needed by cstr
> crate, see below)
> 1.64.0: std::ffi::c_char
> 1.65.0: Generic Associated Types
> 1.74.0: Clippy can be configured in Cargo.toml
> 1.77.0: C string literals, offset_of!
>
> I think 1.59.0 is pretty much the lower bound. Not having offset_of!
> will be a bit painful, but it can be worked around (and pretty much
> has to be, because 1.77.0 is really new).

An additional question: does our minimum rust version requirement
indicate that users with this rust version can compile other
dependencies that satisfy QEMU requirements, such as bindgen?

Because I find 1.59.0 can only go to compile bindgen 0.63.0 [1].

[1]: bindgen 0.63.0 MSRV:
https://github.com/rust-lang/rust-bindgen/tree/v0.63.0?tab=readme-ov-file#msrv

-Zhao