Hello Mike,

On 7/11/24 22:57, Mike Kowal wrote:
Hello Cedric,

This patch will be split into 5 patches to ease the review.  I also acknowledge
most of your other comments.

Can you elaborate on the gic_get_current_cpu() comment? Did you want me to use that method name to get a the current CPU?

I meant introducing a similar routine for XIVE to hide the qtest
environment differences from the model. Something like :

static inline int pnv_xive2_get_current_pir(PnvXive2 *xive)
{
    if (!qtest_enabled()) {
        return ppc_cpu_pir(POWERPC_CPU(current_cpu));
    }
    return 0;
}

Also, is this something that you think needs to done at this current time since
there are many other existing uses to get the CPU,

The other uses of current_cpu are in the TIMA memops. They should be
immune to this problem since the ops should always be done from a CPU.

or can we delay this and an issue for for this to be done at a later time?

It is minor. That said, it is not a big change compared to the split.

Thanks,

C.