On Tue, 16 Jul 2024 at 22:53, Richard Henderson
<richard.hender...@linaro.org> wrote:

> On 7/17/24 02:55, Alex Bennée wrote:
> >> Are you expecting the same GdbCmdParseEntry object to be registered
> >> multiple times?  Can we fix that at a higher level?
> >
> > Its basically a hack to deal with the fact everything is tied to the
> > CPUObject so we register everything multiple times. We could do a if
> > (!registerd) register() dance but I guess I'm thinking forward to a
> > hydrogenous future but I guess we'd need to do more work then anyway.
>
> Any chance we could move it all to the CPUClass?

No, because different instances of the same CPUClass might
have different feature sets. In this case, one CPU might have
MTE and another not, or one be AArch64 and another not.

The underlying problem here is that there's quite a lot here
that potentially varies across different CPUs in the system,
but the gdbstub layer has an assumption of heterogeneity.
(cf also the stuff about system registers.)

thanks
-- PMM