> On Jul 31, 2024, at 19:34, Daniel P. Berrangé <berra...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2024 at 11:29:01AM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Jul 2024 at 10:52, Alex Bennée <alex.ben...@linaro.org> wrote:
>>> You then need to manually strip out all the various chardevs for libvirt
>>> control sockets and you can an equivalent command line you can run from
>>> the console. One thing that did jump out as a bit weird to me was:
>>>
>>> -rtc base=utc -no-shutdown -no-acpi -boot strict=on \
>>> -kernel /home/realm/Image-v6.10 \
>>> -initrd /home/realm/rootfs.cpio \
>>> -append 'earlycon console=ttyAMA0 rdinit=/sbin/init rw root=/dev/vda
>>> acpi=on'
>>
>> Also worth checking here I guess is whether virt-install
>> is running QEMU as a user which doesn't have access to
>> the /home/realm/Image-v6.10 etc files -- are they world
>> readable?
>
> Most likely it is the directory permissions which are the problem since
> $HOME is typically set to deny access from other users, which would include
> the user QEMU runs as.

Hi Daniel, Peter,

That was it, I was (unintentinally) adding additional ACL control on my home
directory ie /home/realm; I removed it and doing chmod o+rw /home/realm helped
it. Kernel Image and initrd files were world readable.
Also, placing them under /var/lib/libvirt/boot worked as well.

Alex,
Thanks for showing me the steps to reconstruct the set of QEMU options used by
libvirt.

Thanks,
Itaru.