On Fri, Aug 02, 2024 at 09:39:41AM GMT, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Aug 2024 at 19:39, Eric Blake <ebl...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 01, 2024 at 06:01:28PM GMT, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > > Convert nbd.txt to rST format.
> > >
> > > -F: docs/interop/nbd.txt
> > > +F: docs/interop/nbd.rst
> >
> > Upstream NBD has a link to the nbd.txt page; I'll have to update that
> > link to the new name.  Is it worth creating a git symlink so the old
> > name remains a stable point to link to (even though it is no longer
> > purely text)?
>
> I'm not super enthusiastic about doing that -- we haven't created
> symlinks for any of the other document conversions we've done.

Okay, a stability symlink is not necessary.  Currently, the NBD spec
points to the raw qemu.txt because nothing is rendered into our online
pages; but I plan to instead point it into the rendered version
reachable from https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/interop/index.html
once your patch lands.  I also found a typo in that page (right next
to where nbd will appear), so I'm submitting that patch as a followup
to this thread, if that's okay.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.