Hi,

I just saw that the documentation still mentions that QEMU supports Python 3.7.

Python 3.7 is an unsupported Python version since about one year. Therefore I suggest to update the documentation for QEMU 9.1.0 and replace 3.7 by 3.8 as lowest supported version.

In addition the code which still mentions Python 3.7 or even 3.5 and 3.6 could be reviewed and maybe simplified, but I think this is less urgent and can be done after QEMU release 9.1.0.

Regards
Stefan W.

$ git grep -i python.*3.7
docs/about/build-platforms.rst: As of QEMU |version|, the minimum supported version of Python is 3.7.
python/qemu/qmp/util.py:Python 3.7+.
scripts/qapi/introspect.py: # TODO: Remove after Python 3.7 adds @dataclass:
scripts/qapi/source.py:    # Replace with @dataclass in Python 3.7+
tests/qapi-schema/test-qapi.py:        # dict (requires Python 3.7)