On 22/8/24 16:06, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
On 22.08.2024 13:41, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
  # Timeouts for individual tests that can be slow e.g. with debugging enabled
  test_timeouts = {
+  'aarch64_sbsaref' : 180,

What kind of machine is able to run those tests in 180s? I bumped them to 2400s and got timeout (Macbook with M1 Pro).

"make check-avocado" (with some AVOCADO_* vars to limit list of tests) shown me which test is run and pass/fail for each.

"make check-functional-aarch64 V=1" shows me "1/4 qemu:func-thorough+func-aarch64-thorough+thorough / func-aarch64-aarch64_sbsaref" and timeouts without information which tests pass, which fail.

Maybe for QEMU project this is a progress. For me it is moving tests from working ones to "sorry, timeout, find out why" ones.

Sorry for the annoyance of switching from one framework to another
one :/ Are you using Linux on your Macbook with M1 Pro? I'm using
macOS and these tests currently don't work, so for me this is a
huge win.

Most of the (long) time was spent in downloading the assets.

IIUC there is a way to pre-download without using the test timer
(apparently Richard and Daniel use it) but I haven't found the way
yet.

I'll check with Thomas how to tune these timeouts and return back
to you.

Regards,

Phil.